Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Mortality

Omar died today. Well, Michael K. Williams died today. He was found dead in his place, alone. Overdose they think. This hits different because a lot of us grew up with this guy. Watched him on The Wire and on Boardwalk Empire and countless other shows. He was brilliant in all of them and now he's gone. 

 I don't usually write about celebrities... it's not my thing but as I said.... this one hit differently.. . He wrote a post about his mortality when Kobe died. He wrote, what would his legacy be? How would he be remembered and would he die alone? 

I think about these things often as I live by myself and my son is living in another state. I wonder what would my legacy be and how would I die? One thing about death, it will make you question your whole life... It will make you feel...mortal. Did I live my life to the fullest? Do I have regrets? What could I do differently or did I really and truly love the way I wanted? 

 I've thought of these things a lot but most recently - yesterday, death has been on my mind... With Covid lingering about (to Vax or not IS the question and my choice), diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol and other silent killers... what would be my legacy...? What imprint or impact will I leave?

 I'm not suicidal or anything like that. Just reflective... MKW was 4 years my senior and although I don't do drugs and an overdose is a stretch; death is inevitable.. 

One day, we'll all be gone... So what's the resolution? The end game? A solution? Simple.. live.. love.. laugh like it's ya last day on earth.


~aDr

September Seventh Twenty21

No comments:

Post a Comment