Saturday, November 30, 2019

Familiar


Stop listening to yesterday..

Stop reliving what feels…

Commonplace.

Whispers of familiar…

It seems as if we been here before…

A sense of déjà vu…

The fights, the arguments, the petty spats…

…of yesterday.

We feed off nostalgia or…

Muscle memory..

Although the package is different the vibe is the same

The shift, the whispers of

…yesterday…

We have to stop… shake the familiar..

Break the cycle of

familiar

Stop listening to yesterday..

Start anew… Hit reset

Refresh the browser

And..

Change the rapport..

The conversation..

The way we communicate..

Make it more intimate, more kind

More like the sounds of today...

And tomorrow…

You see, I see you, althought you think I can’t

I see what you are, who you are and what you’re trying to become

I know things aren’t ideal and we seems to bait

Each other in these petty spats to test the boundaries of what

We make

Of each other..

Your usual is my unusual and my familiar is your unfamiliar.

But..

I beg you to see me as your today

And...

Stop listening to yesterday....

~aDr 

No comments:

Post a Comment